2023 Commencement Guide for College
Congratulations on reaching this point in your academic pursuit. We are looking forward to helping you celebrate your graduation with your class mates, family and friends. The following guide is designed to walk you through the graduation process.
Graduation Applications (2023)
- BA Graduation Applications are due October 1, 2022
- AA Graduation Applications are due December 1, 2022
- Certificate Graduation Applications are due February 1, 2023
- Applications need to be submitted to the Academic Services office.
- Late applications, if accepted, will be charged an additional $30.00 along with the regular grad fee.
Preparing for Graduation
- See Commencement section in College Calendar for graduation qualifications.
- A grad fee of $150.00 will be charged to BA grad student accounts on October 1, 2022. This fee applies to all BA grads regardless of whether or not you choose to attend the banquet and commencement. A full refund will be available to you if you should decide to withdraw your application. AA and Certificate grads will be given the option of paying the full $150.00 grad fee to attend the banquet and commencement or pay a $50.00 grad fee and not attend the banquet and commencement. This fee will be charged to the student account after the applicable grad application due date.
- Grad pictures will be taken by the Communications office in November. Instructions will be given in chapel and through Facebook. If you have any questions about grad pictures, please contact Academic Services.
Senior Portfolio and Interview
- All BA grads will need to prepare a portfolio and submit it to the Dean of the College's office by January 18, 2023 (or October 31, 2022, if not returning in January) at which time you will be able to sign up for your portfolio interview. Contact your Program Coordinator if you have any questions regarding your portfolio.
- All BA grads will also need to complete the Bible Knowledge Survey prior to their Portfolio Interview.
- See link below.
- Senior Portfolio Interviews - The Process
- Senior Portfolio Iterviews - The Documents Explained
- Learning Portfolio: Guidelines for BA Students
- Portfolio Essay Sample #1
- Portfolio Essay Sample #2
- Doctrinal Statement Info Session on YouTube
- Bible Knowledge Survey Instructions
- Quick Reference - Resume and Cover Letter
- Cover Letter Sample; Cover Letter Template
- Things to note about Asking for a Reference Letter
Grad Banquet and Commencement Information
- The grad banquet will take place on April 21, 2023 and commencement will be held on April 22, 2023. The grad banquet takes place in the Hildebrand foyer and is reserved seating only. Please contact Academic Services to confirm your own seat plus request to reserve up to two complimentary seats for family or friends. A limited number of extra seats may be requested at a cost of $35.00 each.
- Information about Commencement and the grad banquet can be found in the following links and the Grad Coordinator will be sending out emails with more detailed information during the second semester
Links to Grad Schedule and Accommodation Information
- Grad Schedule for College Graduating Students
- Grad Schedule for Family and Guests of College Grads
- Accommodation Info for Family and Guests
Saskatchewan Graduate Retention Program
Please fill out this consent form if you would like Briercrest College and Seminary to apply on your behalf to the Ministry of Advanced Education, Employment and Immigration for an income tax tuition rebate certificate to which you may become entitled to under The Saskatchewan Graduate Retention Program Act. For more information consult http://www.saskatchewan.ca/grp
Dates To Remember
- BA graduation applications are due - October 1, 2022
- Portfolios due for BA grads not returning in January - October 31, 2022
- AA graduation applications are due - December 1, 2022
- Portfolios due for all BA grads - January 18, 2023
- Portfolio Interviews January 25 - February 10, 2023
- Certificate grad apps are due - February 1, 2023
- Last day to reserve grad banquet seats - March 15, 2023
- Last day to hand in CDE assignments - April 11, 2023
- Commencement Rehearsal - April 20, 2023
- Graduation Banquet - April 21, 2023
- Grad Program - April 21, 2023
- Faculty Reception - April 21, 2023
- Commencement - April 22, 2023