2019 Commencement Guide
Wednesday & Thursday, April 17-18, 2019
Congratulations on reaching this point in your academic pursuit. We are looking forward to helping you celebrate your graduation with your class mates, family and friends. The following guide is designed to walk you through the graduation process.
- BA Graduation Applications are due October 4, 2018
- AA Graduation Applications are due December 1, 2018
- Certificate Graduation Applications are due February 1, 2019
- Applications need to be submitted with completed program sheet to the Academic Services office.
- Late applications, if accepted, will be charged an additional $30.00 along with the regular grad fee.
Preparing for Graduation
- See Commencement section in College Calendar for graduation qualifications.
- Fill out your correct program sheet based on the instructions below, print it off and attach it to your grad app. (These program sheets are in Microsoft Excel format and if you are unable to open it, try downloading a free version of Open Office and then open the document. As a last resort, a blank, printed program sheet can be obtained from the Reception desk in the Academic Services office):
- Indicate all grades received for courses completed at BCS.
- Indicate all transfer credits received from previous educational institutes with a "T"
- Indicate courses that are currently being taken with an "F" for fall and a "W" for winter courses
- Indicate courses that were taken through Distance Education with a "DE"
- If you haven't already done so, you might want to visit your Program Coordinator and make sure everything is in order to complete the necessary courses by April, 2018. Students who are missing one or more courses will not be allowed to participate in Commencement.
- If you are completing two majors, you will need to fill out and attach both program sheets
- A grad fee of $150.00 will be charged to BA grad student accounts on October 5, 2018. This fee applies to all BA grads regardless of whether or not you choose to attend the banquet and commencement. A full refund will be available to you if you should decide to withdraw your application. AA and Certificate grads will be given the option of paying the full $150.00 grad fee to attend the banquet and commencement or pay a $50.00 grad fee and not attend the banquet and commencement. This fee will be charged to the student account after the applicable grad application due date.
- Grad pictures will be taken by the Communications office during the first two weeks of December. Instructions will be given in chapel and through Facebook. If you have any questions about grad pictures, please contact Academic Services.
Senior Portfolio and Interview
- All BA grads will need to prepare a portfolio and submit it to the Dean of the College's office by January 23, 2019 (or October 31, 2018, if not returning in January) at which time you will be able to sign up for your portfolio interview. Contact your Program Coordinator if you have any questions regarding your portfolio.
- All BA grads will also need to complete the Bible Knowledge Survey prior to their Portfolio Interview.
- See link below.
Grad Banquet and Commencement Information
- The grad banquet will be held on Wednesday, April 17, 2019 @ 5:15 PM in the Hildebrand foyer and is reserved seating only. Please contact the Academic Services by March 16, 2019 to confirm your own seat plus request to reserve up to two complimentary seats for family or friends. A limited number of extra seats may be requested at a cost of $35.00 each.
- Information about Commencement and the grad banquet can be found in the following links and the Grad Coordinator will be sending out emails with more detailed information during the second semester
Links to Grad Schedule and Accommodation Information
- Grad Schedule for Students
- Grad Schedule for Family and Guests
- Accommodation Info for Family and Guests
Saskatchewan Graduate Retention Program
Please fill out this consent form if you would like Briercrest College and Seminary to apply on your behalf to the Ministry of Advanced Education, Employment and Immigration for an income tax tuition rebate certificate to which you may become entitled to under The Saskatchewan Graduate Retention Program Act. For more information consult http://www.saskatchewan.ca/grp
Dates To Remember
- Portfolio information session - September 19, 2018
- BA graduation applications are due - October 4, 2018
- Portfolios due for BA grads not returning in January - October 31, 2018
- AA graduation applications are due - December 1, 2018
- Portfolios due for all BA grads - January 23, 2019
- Portfolio Interviews January 31 - February 13, 2019
- Certificate grad apps are due - February 1, 2019
- Last day to reserve grad banquet seats - March 18, 2019
- Last day to hand in CDE assignments - April 9, 2019
- Commencement Rehearsal (Tuesday) 6:00-7:30 PM - April 16, 2019
- Graduation Banquet (Wednesday) 5:15-6:30 PM - April 17, 2019
- Grad Program (Wednesday) 6:45-8:30 PM - April 17, 2019
- Faculty Reception (Wednesday) 8:30-9:30 PM - April 17, 2019
- Commencement (Thursday) 2:00-3:30 PM - April 18, 2019