2022 Commencement Guide for Seminary
Congratulations on reaching this point in your academic pursuit. We are looking forward to helping you celebrate your graduation with your class mates, family and friends. The following guide is designed to walk you through the graduation process.
2022 Graduation Applications are due November 15, 2021
- Applications need to be submitted to the Academic Services office
- Late applications, if accepted, will be charged an additional $50.00 along with the regular grad fee.
Preparing for Graduation
- Graduation Qualifications (see Seminary Calendar for specifics)
- Fill out your correct program sheet based on the instructions below, print it off and attach it to your grad app. (These program sheets are in Microsoft Excel format and if you are unable to open it, try downloading a free version of Open Office and then open the document. As a last resort, a blank, printed program sheet can be obtained from the Reception desk in the Academic Services office):
- Indicate all grades received for courses completed at BCS.
- Indicate all transfer credits received from previous educational institutes with a "T"
- Indicate courses that are currently being taken with an "F" for fall and a "W" for winter courses
- Indicate courses that were taken through Distance Education with a "DE"
- In order to graduate in April, students must ensure that they are able to fulfill all program requirements prior to graduation.
- All Degree Programs require the submission of a Learning Portfolio, completed according to the Portfolio Guidelines for Briercrest Seminary, as well as a Portfolio Interview. The portfolio involves the student reflecting on and cataloguing their growth and development as a Seminary student, and forms the basis of the Portfolio Interview that will take place between the student and Seminary Leadership/Faculty.
- All Portfolio requirements for a 2022 graduation must be completed prior to March 31, 2022. Please keep in mind that significant time is needed to set up the Portfolio Interview and to fit it into the faculty and student's time schedule.
- A student's Portfolio will need to be completed and submitted to the Seminary Dean's Administrative Assistant at least two weeks prior to the scheduled date of the Portfolio Interview.
- SRPs must be completed by March 1, 2022.
- For students working on a thesis, the completed draft must be submitted by March 1, 2022 with the oral defence taking place no later than one week before commencement.
- A grad fee of $150.00 will be charged to your student account on November 15, 2021. This fee applies to all grads regardless of whether or not they choose to attend the ceremony and banquet. A full refund will be available to any student that withdraws their grad application. Grad garment rentals are included in the fee. There is also an option on the application to purchase your gown and hood if you so desire. Cap and tassel will be yours to keep.
- We would like to have your grad picture included in the hallway composite grad class picture. If you will be on campus before the commencement service, please setup an appointment with the Communications Office (email@example.com) to have your grad picture taken. If you are unable to have your picture taken before Commencement, then Communications will be available on the day of Commencement to take your picture. If you need more information about this, please contact Academic Services.
Grad Banquet and Commencement Information
- The Seminary grad banquet and commencement dates have not yet been announced. Each grad may request to reserve two complimentary seats along with his/her own seat. A limited number of extra seats may be requested at a cost of $35.00 each.
- Information about Commencement and the grad banquet can be found in the following links and the Academic Services will be sending out emails with more detailed information during the second semester.
Grad Schedule and Accommodation Information
- Grad schedule to be announced
- Accommodation Info for Family and Guests
Dates To Remember
- Nov 15, 2021 - Grad application deadline for all students wanting to graduate in April 2022.
- Nov 15, 2021 - A grad fee of $150.00 will be charged to the accounts of all who submit a 2022 grad app.
- March 1, 2022 - Thesis due. SRP due.
- March 15, 2022 - Last day to reserve seats for the seminary grad banquet.
- March 31, 2022 - Last day to complete Portfolio requirements
- April 23, 2022 - Commencement