New College Students
Welcome to the Briercrest College student body!
On this page, you can find important information to help you make the transition to Briercrest. If you have further questions or have trouble finding something, please don't hesitate to contact your Admissions Adviser.
Check-in for all students: September 5, 8:30 - 12:30
Athletes: some teams will arrive August 26. Watch for information from your coach.
We've built an app that has all the information you need as you prepare for your Briercrest experience. You can use it on any device. Go to info.briercrest.ca, save it to your homescreen, and refer to it for all your questions.
TIP: tell your parents about it - they'll love knowing all the details.
Resources to help new students and their families
- Communication Services (PDF)
A quick reference for information about communication services available while on-campus; this includes wi-fi, phone services, fax, mail, and more.
- Briercrest Live, myBriercrest and Canvas set up guide (PDF)
These detailed instructions (with pictures!) take you through each step to help you gain access to the online tools you need to be a Briercrest student. Once you are accepted you will receive instructions by email that will allow you to start the process of getting set up.
- Since as a Briercrest student, you will be accessing various online portals. Here's a handy reference (PDF) to help you navigate which portal is used for what purpose.
P.S. Note that as a current Briercrest student you can also install Microsoft 365 for FREE.
First Year Course Tips and Recommendations
This document provides information for choosing your courses and offers suggestions for what to take in your first year.
Student Success Centre
Get more out of courses by accessing resources and support provided to you by our Student Success Centre.
- Self-identification helps smooth your transition to college and helps you and Briercrest build relationships with your community. Indigenous Centre.
Briercrest College and Seminary is in the peaceful, rural village of Caronport. The neighbouring city of Moose Jaw is 20 km east of Caronport on the #1 Highway and provides many of the services you will need - particularly if you are not living in a dorm. Here's a sampling of what you can find in Caronport and Moose Jaw.
Campus and Caronport Maps
- Academic Complex - main building (PNG image)
- Caronport Village - street names and main buildings (PDF)
- Caronport Medical Clinic (Dr. Susan Bell)
- Hospital (Moose Jaw)
- Moose Jaw Walk-in Clinics:
- Family Physicians Listing (Moose Jaw)
- Pharmacy Listing (Moose Jaw)
There is a small convenience store in Caronport (at the Husky gas station) which carries standard c-store fare. All other grocery needs can be met in Moose Jaw. The main grocery stores are Co-op Marketplace, Real Canadian Superstore, Walmart and Safeway.