The Academic Resource Centre (ARC) offers a variety of academic support options including peer tutoring, a regular offering of in-person workshops, and a growing library of digital resources on Canvas.
ARC on Canvas
The ARC on Canvas is the best place for students to find our growing library of student resources, information on tutor and accommodations, and announcements about upcoming workshops and events. Students can find the ARC on Canvas below. “Join” the page once there to add the ARC to your dashboard and receive notifications.
Students wishing to receive individualized assistance, be it for course work or general academic skills, are encouraged to make an appointment with a tutor or academic coach. Appointment availability depends on the service required.
Types of Support:
- Academic Coaching—Students wishing to receive individualized assistance, be it for course work or general academic skills, are encouraged to make an appointment with a tutor or academic coach. Appointment availability depends on the service required.
- Peer Tutoring—Tutors are available for specific courses and disciplines. Tutors are also available for writing support and academic skills (such as time management, note-taking, and making a semester success plan). If you don’t see a tutor offering the support you need email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academic Support Consultation Tutoring Services Academic Coaching Request Form
The ARC offers a suite of workshops each semester addressing key areas of student academia. Exact details of workshop offerings can be found on the ARC on Canvas, @briercrestlife on Instagram, posted on the ARC bulletin board, and through Chapel announcements. These workshops are designed for students of all levels in the college and seminary.
Past offerings have included:
- 4-Part “Writing College Papers” series
- Stress Management for Students
- Notetaking Strategies
- Physical Care for Academic Success
The ARC is available for students to book as a private study space for groups. If you want a space to work on a group project, meet with a study group for an exam, or conduct similar activities, you can use the form below to request use of the space and all its resources.